Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Still in control

Okay, so I know this post is late but here is my review of the SoftSheen Carson Strengthening Oil Moisturizer from the Roots of Nature Collection.

What the bottle says: Strengthens and increases hair’s elasticity to eliminate breakage and help prevent split ends. Provides long-lasting moisturization and conditioning to repair damaged hair.

What the forums say: I wasn't able to find anything.

What I say: It smells just like the other moisturizer I was using from SoftSheen Carson. The smell doesn't bother me but it's not something I love. This moisturizer is not in the cream form like the ones I normally use. It's similiar to the hair milk from Palmer's but a little bit thicker. I don't think it's thick enough becuase I have to use quite a bit to give my hair the amount of moisture I need. Since the moisturizer is white, it makes my hair white and also doesn't mix well with pure shea. It made my hair really white but went away as my hair dried. It works okay but I think I'll stick with cream moisturizers, My hair seems to like them better.

Sidenote: I'm thinking about whipping this moisturizer to make it creamy. If it works, I'll let you know. Also, if you have suggestions or comments about trying this, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment