Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Product mistake

This post is extremely late but as I've told you guys before, the hectic work schedule I have is to blame. But there have been a few changes over the past 2 wks that will hopefully cure this for the most part.

Anyway, on to business! I headed to my local bss to pick up the new Elasta QP Mango Butter with the added olive oil ingredient. I love it. It works just as well as the original formula although here is a slight difference in the consistency. It's only a little bit thinner.

So, I took a quick trip around the store because I'm always on the hunt for a  new moisturizer to try out. I saw this stuff from Ultimate Organics. It was a whip made from extra virgin olive oil. I looked at some of their other products and wasn't really impressed. The whip didn't have anything that JR doesn't like so I figured I'd give it a try. It was thick just the way she likes. I wasn't impressed with the smell. It had the hair product smell. You know how someone's hair smells when it's loaded with chemical based products? It's hard to describe but it smelled like processed hair.

I get it home and figure I'll try it out when I do a twist out. I have to admit, I'm not one to analyze a product too much before I purchase it. I took a quick look in the store and decided to buy. When I start to read everything on the container, this is what I read:

Directions: Rub a generous amount of cream into dry skin, concentrating on hard to soften areas as needed.

I was like what the heck? This nasty smelling stuff is for your body. I was shocked. I couldn't imagine using that and walking around all day with my skin smelling like a hair salon. I was too through. But that's what I get for not paying attention to what i was buying. Still smh at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment