Friday, April 30, 2010

Just a little spritz

Shortly after I did my bc, I read how a lot of people would spritz their hair throughout the day to help combat dryness. I tried that, I don't remember what I was using (something I made, I believe) and my face started breaking out. I discontinued the use of it and dumped it down the drain. I rinsed my spray bottle and filled it with filtered water. I would only use it to revive my hair in the mornings.

With the moisture issues I've encountered, I felt I should try again. I don't want to moisturizer and seal everyday. That would clearly lead to buildup and I'm not a fan of shampoo. I filled my bottle with mostly water, added some EVOO and a little bit of Herbal Essence Totally Twisted. (I don't measure so have no idea how much. And the water was warm.) I shook the bottle for a few minutes to blend and help break down the conditioner. HETT is pretty thick so I had to shake for a while.

Just like with the plain water, I only use once in the morning to revive my hair. I have to say, this is soooo much better than just plain water. It helps to keep my hair from drying out through out the course of the day. I only use enough to dampen my hair. It's dry within 10 minutes.

Although this and using plain EVOO work okay, I'm still on the hunt for some way to better retain moisture. I still end up with really dry hair a lot. I'm going to have to set aside some time to go back through the things I've done in the past and figure out what I need to reincorporate into my routine. Pure shea worked really well but I don't like the buildup. Hmmm...what to do.....


No comments:

Post a Comment