Friday, June 4, 2010

Tangles and color

I haven't had a chance to take some good pictures yet but I finally got my hair dyed. I got it done during my salon trip last Saturday. It took a moment for me to adjust to the new color as I've never dyed my hair. But now, I love it! It was a spur of the moment decision so I didn't get the chance to deep condition before hand. I will do a serious dc this weekend though. Maybe an overnight treatment.

I believe I'd said before that I'd been mainly wearing wng. They are quick and easy which works well with my schedule. My hair has been getting horribly tangled these days though. I know the cause is not properly protecting my hair while I sleep. I've been sleeping at a friend's house more than my own b/c it allows me to get a bit more sleep. I rarely have a scarf with me and no satin pillow case. That means I'm sleeping directly on a cotton pillow case. I've only had the time to detangle once a week and I'm normally rushing through it on my way out the door. Bad for my hair.

I have been luck enough to detangle twice since my coloring. I'm not sure if it's the color but my Herbal Essence Hello Hydration is not working like it normally does. My hair has been even harder to detangle since then. It seems my beloved condish isn't giving me the same slip since I've colored. It was the same the 2nd time I detangled also. I used even more condish than I normally do. I'm going to take my time and detangle when I deep condish this weekend. Separating my hair into sections and going through it more carefully. That will let me know if it's my hair/color/condish combo not working or if I'm just not being careful enough with my hair.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a serious deep condition session is in order. Especially since you didn't notice a difference until after you got your hair colored. Maybe your moisture level has changed with the coloring. Plus, make sure you leave a satin pillow case at your friends house!

    ReplyDelete