Thursday, January 28, 2010

A little off topic..

I've been saying for a while, especially after a recent heart issue, that I'm going to start working out. Not soley for weight loss, but because I need to be healthier. I'm under 30 and have a premature heart beat. I don't want to be forced to take blood pressure pills which is the only medicinal thing that could regulate my heart beat. So my doctor says to exercise and stay away from caffeine, chocolate and drink less alcohol if I'm a heavy drinker. I'm not a heavy drinker and I cut back on my caffeine and chocolate intake.

As for exercise...I gave it a second thought and that was about it. I just didn't want to do it. But I got irritated a few days ago and started to feel the premature heart beat again. (I feel it most when trying to sleep and when I get pissed off or stressed out.) That reminded me that I need to stop playing around with my health and my life. I really really love pilates and wish I had the money to join a studio. Alas, I don't. Will probably find a pilates dvd.

And to be really honest, one of the major reasons I want to work out again is because I want to finish a tattoo I started a while back. I know it sounds crazy but I love tatts. The one I want to have completed is going to go diagonal across my back. In order for that to look as sexy on me as it does in my head, I need to loose some weight. Right now I have the beginning and end (under my left collar bone and right lower back) but I want the middle done.

I'm thinking pilates and walking is the way to go for me. Hopefully but July, I'll have lost a sufficient amount of weight where I'll feel ready for the tatt. I'm not weighing myself. I don't have a goal weight. I just want to feel and look healthier.


1 comment:

  1. I feel u on that one. I need to work out too. It's just too cold here to go running like I want to. I'm glad that your focus is on health and not weight.

    ReplyDelete