Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Keep it simple

I was reading some hair site, not sure which one, and there was a woman with a fierce w-n-g. She wrote instructions on how she acheived hers. She had a long list of steps that were too much for a w-n-g in my opinion. To me, it's real simple: cowash, shake, moisturize and seal.

One good thing while reading her list was I remembered that my w-n-g turns out soooooo much better if I leave a little of the condish in when I cowash. So, using HETT, I did a cowash. I shook my head (I tend to use a washrag to cover my face so the condish doesn't get on my face). Moisturized with SoftSheen Carson Roots of Nature and sealed with castor oil. I let my hair drip dry so I wrap an old tshirt around my shoulders when I do whatever else I need to do. I've gotten to the point where I don't even blot my hair with the tshirt or a towel. It seems to work better for me that way because my texture easily gets frizzy. But to keep it from dripping too long, I do shake my hair for at least a minute to get rid of as much excess water as possible.

I immediately loved the results. My hair looked like it did when I just get out of the shower. Perfect curls with practically no frizz. And the curls were so well defined. I love it. A couple of people asked if I did a strawset. I've done it a 3-4 times with the same results.






One thing I can say, I don't like how my hair hangs down when it's dry. I fluff when it's 75% dry. I also think it's funny that the front seems to hang down like bangs if I don't fluff it a lot.  



2 comments:

  1. Your curls are so on point. I always used to wonder why you got a relaxer. You would say you needed a perm and I was like uhh....no you dont! But you swore your hair was nappy! So glad that both you and I have been enlightened! Let's pass this on to our daugthers and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be passing this one. Healthy hair is a must. I feel so much better and I love the fact that I don't look like every other girl when I go some place. To be honest, every stylist I ever had would say the same thing. "You sure you need a touch up?" But my hair was feeling thick and I thought that was bad. Never again. I wish it was thicker! lol!

    ReplyDelete