Monday, March 29, 2010

Twist it up

I finally have enough length to do a style that I love seeing on other naturals: Two strand twists. And not just twisting and then taking out before I leave the house for a twist out. No...I mean twists that I wore for almost a week! I was so excited. I loved how they would hang and curl at the bottoms after I spritzed them with a bit of water.

I twisted on dry hair that I stretched out a little bit for some length. I did learn that doing a blow out would make the twist appear longer so that will be my method for future twist. I don't use a lot of products so I only had Elasta QP Mango Butter and the Hollywood Olive Oil Creme/Shea butter mixture in my hair.









The resulting twist out was awesome! I loved it! I just got bigger and better every day. The last day I wore it, it was big and fluffy. I wish I had gotten a picture. Some of the curl definition was gone but that just made it even better. I didn't retwist the entire time I wore them. Normally with twist outs I retwist every other day but I didn't when I did these and I'm glad that I didn't. I've done the style twice and gotten major compliments each time. I continued to use Elasta QP and Shea mix to moisturize my hair.


















No comments:

Post a Comment