Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blah

I told a friend that I was feeling rather blah today. I've had the feeling for the past 2-3 days. Don't like it very much but it's one of those situations where I learned something that I didn't want to learn. Truth is, I already knew it but I was trying not to know it. Unfortunately, when something repeatedly smacks you in the face, you have to acknowledge it.

So I go around feeling blah. And I decide to check out a blog I follow. It's written by a chick much younger than I but she has had a lot of life experience so she's spiritually older than me. She posted about this inspirational msg she got and how it made her look at things differently. I have to say, the msg was a great one. However, I am shocked to say that in my state of blahness, it didn't reach me. I read it and said, "hhhmmm." And that was it. On another day, I will read it and it will speak to me. Today, in all my blahness with the people in this world, those words were just words.

What have I learned? The greatest disappoint is expectation. Stop expecting people to be good or even expecting them to be who they say they are/want to be. It won't happen. Expect nothing, therefore, when something happens, you will be pleasantly surprised and appreciative. It will even make you appreciate the little things as you expected absolutely nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment