Thursday, August 20, 2009

To Dye or Not to Dye...

That is the question....well...one of them. I've decided to dye my hair. I've never done it before, with the exception of highlights. I have no idea what color or what brand to use. I have a homegirl whose opinion I asked. She said she would research and get back to me. hmm...not to thrilled about that response. Then I talked to a homeboy who is very fashion forward. He's got an eye for what looks best on people. He immediately started naming colors and suggesting highlights with a particular color. He said he needed to get a good look at my base color since he'd never really checked it out and then we'd go looking for colors. Yay him!

I was caught up at first with not using chemicals or using very little to color my hair. But I've reazlied I cannot get away from it. I'll just have to take really good care of my hair once this is complete. And I read that coloring can loosen curls. I am very worried about this because I'm so in love with the recent texture change. My curls are getting tighter and I have a great deal of spirals. I know it's simply the change as it grows and it could change later but right now, I'm in love.

Ok, update. Just got a response from a forum and a girl said she never had issues with her curl pattern loosening. Makes me less worried about getting color.

No comments:

Post a Comment