Monday, August 24, 2009

Natural Hair Groupie...

Okay, so I totally felt like a groupie a few minutes ago. I posted before how I've been wanting to color my hair. I was getting nowhere fast so I posted question on the Facebook Natural Hair Group. I checked the replies today and I got a response from a woman who was interviewed on one of the blogs I read. I want to say it was Black Girl Long Hair but I don't really remember. She gave me a few tips. So I replied with "OMG! I feel like a celebrity just replied to my question as I was just reading an interview you did." LOL! But I totally meant that. It was pretty cool. I'm a total groupie! lol!

And now for randomness:

Still don't know what I'll do for color but will be professionally done.

I was at a party on Saturday. I saw at least 5 other naturals, most of us with TWAs. One chick was sporting a real frohawk. She's brave, I can't cut off the side of my hair. I just did my first bc. I'm not ready for another when the style gets old in a few months.

I think it's funny how I used to be so frustrated with the top of my hair. Thinking it was getting straighter and that I must still have permed ends. Then suddenly, my curl pattern changed in the front and I love that part of my hair. It's got deep waves and a lot of spirals. I still have a hard time getting it to hold a style but I love the way it is without manipulation. And I'm noticing spirals in the very back which I didn't think would ever be tightly curls.

Oh yeah, I'm a horrible naturlista because I missed my 3 month bc on the 19th. I remembered a few days later. I took picts the week before but didn't post. May do that later.

And lastly, I used to be really excited about doing styles like braid outs and twist and other styles that require a certain amount of length. Not so much anymore. I want my hair to grow out but I love my texture so much, I don't know if I ever want to do anything to manuipulate it. I'm sure I'll try those styles at least once but I've got a feeling I won't be the girl doing a twist out every Sunday. I am excited about my hair being long enough to do a bunch of small single strand twist and wearing those for a period of time. I'm pretty sure once I have enough hair, that will be my protective style staple for the cold winter months.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! Curious. What are single stranded twist? Is this basically a coil? Just taking a section of hair and twirling it around itself? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx! That's actually supposed to say double strand. Not sure what I was thinking/writing. Lol!

    ReplyDelete