Thursday, August 6, 2009

Protein issues....

*sigh* This has got to be the hardest thing to figure out. I'm having issues as is MSatch. Mine isn't nearly as complexed as hers. I'm very hair lazy. She works hard to develop and stick to a regmine and I've seen the benefits she gets from it. I on the other hand, just randomly do stuff and my hair is rebelling.

My lazy routine has not consisted of deep conditioning or protein. What I considered deep co was putting HEHH on my hair when I first got into the shower. Letting it sit with the steam as my heat for a few minutes while I did my shower stuff. I realized the other day that I had not done a real dc in over a month and this also means no protein because my dc is the only protein I use. I didn't like using it because it made my hair feel hard and rough. In response, I've notice a lot of shedding and breakage when I wash and detangle. I went from having maybe 3-4 strands shedding to have a lot of breakage. And I mean A LOT.

I talked with MSatch and realized what I was doing. I just really don't like the protein because of how my hair feels afterwards. But clearly it is necessary. So two days ago, I used the dc by it self. Let it sit for 30 min. Then I followed up with a mixture of HEHH, EVOO and shea butter, letting that sit for 30 min. My hair didn't feel as hard but it was still rough. This will be my weekly dc from now on though because I have to get that protein in. I'm considering getting a different protein dc. I'm not sure if my hair likes this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment