Sunday, August 16, 2009

OMG!!!!!

I did my protein deep condish yesterday. I put the protein condish on dry hair, letting that sit for about an hour. I rinsed it out with luke warm water. Since protein makes my hair feel rough, I followed that up with a moisturizing condish mix I put together:
Hello Hydration (A little over the normal amount I use to cowash)
Shea butter (partially melted down so it would mix better)
Honey (I think I used about a tbsp. I know it was a lot)
EVOO (Probably abt a tbsp. More than I've ever used)
Coconut & Papaya Hair Butter/CPHB (This was very random. I just added b/c I felt I should add something more to the mix. Only a dime sized amount)

I let this sit on my hair for about and hour also. (No heat or shower cap with either). Once I worked the moisturizing condish into my hair, I immediately noticed that my hair was getting very wavy and curly. The not so defined/practically straight hair in the front was VERY well defined. The spirals that have been forming through out the crown and rest of my hair popped! The ones that were kind of frizzy and not so great were even fabulous. My hair was so curly. I couldn't believe it. I rinsed with luke warm water and the curls were still looking great. I blotted dry with a towel, applied some CPHB to moisturize and a litte bit of shea to seal. My hair loved that mixture! My mother saw me and said, "Wow, it looks like you did something to your hair." (Sounds a bit harsh but was a compliment.) She followed that up with several statements on how my hair has never looked that great. I have to agree, this is the best my hair has looked. She even said something about it this morning and that it was a shame I didn't go out last night so that people could have seen my hair.

My hair got smashed and a little dry over night but my curls are still looking pretty good. Some water and moisturizer should get me looking close to yesterday's perfection. Will definitely continue this treatment on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment