Wednesday, September 23, 2009

2 day hair

Everyone is always talking about how to make their styles last. From the wash n go to the twist out, everyone wants 1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 day hair. I have to admit, when I did my twist out, I wanted it to last for a week. After all the work I did to acheive the look, I wanted it to last.

But there are two things keeping me from having lasting styles

1. my slight case of OCD. I have always been a perfectionist when it comes to my hair. Not a strand out of place, not a fuzzy curl, not a slightly tilted head band...none of that. I like fresh hair. the only time I was able to handle less then perfect hair was when I would crimp my permed hair and pin it up for that messy updo type of look. But even then, each strand was specifically selected to be imperfect. My hair is too short for a messy updo so the moment my twist out looked imperfect, I was retwisting to get the day one look.

2. HIHS (hand in hair syndrome) I did a really great wash n go yesterday. My curls were well defined, hair perfectly moisturized, thou maybe a little too much (will explain later). I should have been able to removed my bonnet, fluff and go. But alas, I keep playing with the curls. Twist, pulling, seperating and now my perfect wash n go looks crazy. I can probably make it work w/o a cowash by using a headband for a few days but I'll have to keep my hands out of my hair.

My goal for the next few days is to suppress my HIHS and not use a lot of water to restyle. I have to prepare myself for not using so much water this winter. I need to be able to make this cowash last until Friday or Saturday. I will attempt to only manipulate my curls if I have to do a few strategically placed coils to preserve the wash n go.

Even as I write this, I'm shaking my head and doubting my ability to make this happen. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment