Friday, September 18, 2009

Holy Hydration

I've run out of Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner. I had every intention of going to the store to get more but somehow I haven't made it there. Prior to doing the twist out , I was in need of a cowash on Wednesday. I grabbed the only conditioner in my closet....Cantu Shea. I followed my normal wash n go steps and.....

IT WAS THE WORST MY HAIR HAS EVER LOOKED. I had barely any curl definition. My hair looked extremely frizzy and just a horrid mess. And it felt rather rough.

At this point I should have run to the nearest Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens...anywhere. But did I? No, of course not. I don't learn lessons very easily.

The next day I say to myself, "Renise, yesterday was a disaster. But today won't be. Cantu Shea will be forever banished to the back of the closet. But, today is a deep condish day and a great day to try the Elasta QP." I smile and nod my head thinking how great this is going to be. MSatch loves this stuff! (Sidenote: yes, my bestie love this stuff but she also adds things to it. I normally add the same ingredients to all of my deep condishs. Of course, one of those is HEHH). I add the usually stuff, minus HEHH, apply and go on as usual. I rinse and again, hardly any curl definition! Enter the twist out to remedy that issue.

Moral of the story, HEHH is my holy grail condish. It gives me curl definition like nobody business! I may try other HE condish but my hair has spoken. But just becuase I need back up for days when I run out or heavn forbid, HE discontinues this brand, I am going to get some Aubrey Organics that I've been dying to try. If it can give me organically whatHE gives me with the chemicals, I will have a hairgasm.

1 comment:

  1. I've actually been wanting to try the Aubrey Organics. They only sell it at the Whole Foods around here. Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete