Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why is this a secret?

Why haven't my fellow naturalistas and healthy hair journey goers been singing the praises of the retail chain The Vitamin Shoppe? I was YouTubing again and came across a woman talking about her shea mix and she had a note saying she purchased ALL her essential oils (EO) from TVS. I stared at the screen blankly and then said "duh!!"

That should have not been something I never thought about. They are clearly a store that sells things that are good for your body. Why wouldn't the sell EO and things of the sort? I guess I just assumed it was a store that only sold supplements to be taken internally.

So I go the website and burst into a Koolaid smile when I see how inexpensive this stuff is. Every EO was under $10, some less than $5. Veggie Glycerin was $14 but it was a pretty big bottle. They have all types of scented oils also. And I just checked out the blog The New Napptural Me and this chick said she got coconut oil there. I checked TVS and they have a 14oz jar of organic coconut oil for $5.99!!!!!!!!!!

Again my healthy hair sisters: Why is this a secret?!?! We need to be shouting out TVS from the rooftop of every building! I will so be there tomorrow. I've made my list and checked it twice....sure I've been naughty but TVS seems to be so nice. Lol! Sorry for the rhyme, the writer in me came out! I'm just excited to go to TVS tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I realized this a long time ago, but I don't know why I never thought to tell you about it! There is one in my train station and I keep meaning to go in there, but I'm always running for the train! I'm going to get the coconut oil though because I've been looking for some. I've seen it at walmart but I may have to go to TVS. You got me excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often refer people to the vitamin shoppe for Aubrey Organics conditioners, coconut oil, essential oils, supplements, aloe, and other essentials because they are cheaper that whole foods.

    I love the Vitamin Shoppe.

    ReplyDelete