Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do I really love my hair?

"I'm going to miss my hair but i'm so ready for senegalese twist. I'm so over trying to style this short ass fro!!!! "

That is a direct quote from an email I sent MSatch today. And yes, I meant every word. I'm over it right now. I keep recycling the same hairstyles but I want something different. I spent an hour trying to style my hair yesterday. What happened? Nothing came out right, my hair wouldn't stay in the styles, I had to cowash just before walking out the door to look presentable.

I was thinking about waiting until the end of October to get Senegales twist but looks like it may be sooner.

A while back, I was internet surfing and came across the article Stages of Love. It's about the stages of "hair love." At the time, I was in the honeymoon phase. It was probably only a month after my bc. But now, just fouth months in, I'm somewhere between stages 2 & 3. I'm not considering going back to a relaxer and I'm not upset about my curl pattern. I'm just disappointed in it for not doing what I need it to do. And not being able to do more with it. People constantly say natural hair is the most versatile but I'm not seeing that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment