Friday, September 11, 2009

Twist and Shout

Reading MSatch's blog about winterizing her hair made me realize I still had no plans as to what I was going to do. It had been getting colder over the past few days and I realized these wet my hair everyday styles are not going to cut it any longer. I'm not ready for the Senegalese twist that I love to wear because I love seeing my hair right now.


So I stood in the mirror and stared at my hair for a few minutes. I decided to do a twist out. I spritzed some water on the back of my hair, applied a little gel and shea butter and started grabbing small sections for two-strand twist. My hair was shrinking really bad and I knew my hair would look really short. I untwisted and went to a section of dry hair. I started grabbing and twisting dry hair. It was stretching my hair as opposed to shrinking. I ended up doing dry twist all over and it only took a few hours!


Once finished, I wet my hair. Some of it started to unravel. I rubbed Hollywood Castor Oil and IC Fantasia gel over each twist and coiled them to tighten them back up. Once dry (I did have to use the diffuser a little bit) I carefully untwisted. I didn't seperate the twist, just untwisted. I used a pick to fill in the parts of my scalp that were visable. My first twist out came out FAB!




1 comment: