Monday, September 21, 2009

It never ceases to amaze me how MSatch can lead my in the right direction without even knowing it. Like any other day, I go to her blog to see what's going on with her Telaxed tresses and I notice a link saying "Top Sista Sites." I click and after about 30 seconds of browsing this site, I find the article "How to make a manicure last."

I hadn't told anyone this but I was gettting frustrated with the Orly Enchanted Forest polish I'd purchased because it was chipping so quickly. I knew it wasn't the polish because it's a good brand and not cheaply manufactured. I knew it had something to do with my application. I just had no idea what it was.

Well, this article has let me know what I was doing wrong. I was trying to do what I'd seen done at the nail salons. Two thick coats of polish. Apparently, I'm supposed to do 3-4 thin layers. And I wasn't letting the polish cover the tips and go under them a little bit. I never realized that manicurist actually did that for a reason.

With these tips and a few others from that article, I will try my polish again and see how long it last. I'll give an update

No comments:

Post a Comment