Monday, July 27, 2009

And one more thing...

I have one more thing to say and then I PROMISE no more blogging about hair today.

So I was introduced to this guy who has a great head full of locs. They are awesome. He just started locing in October I believe. They've grown a lot. He mostly twists them himself but occasionally visits a shop. I think it's pretty cool that he took the time to learn to do them himself. It's take a long time to do this (any one who has tried to coil or two-strand twist their entire head knows what I'm talking about) and he made sure he learned how to do them right.

We were talking on the phone last night as he twisted his hair. I like talking to him for a number of reasons but I really enjoy talking to him about hair. It's hard to find anyone to talk to about my hair who understands and isn't just asking me why I've done my hair this way and how I keep it looking decent. He tells me things about his regimen and what's he's learned going through his process. He asks me questions about what I'm doing know and what I'll do later when I reach my hair goals. He has hair goals, which I think is super cool.

I love meeting naturals and this is the first guy I've met which makes it even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment