Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Journey 5/21/09


Thanks to my best friend, I've decided to grow my hair natural. I thank her b/c she brought the idea to my attention while thinking of doing it herself. After we started talking about it, that is pretty all we talk about. Her hair is pretty long so she has decided to texlas which is a less damaging way to relax her hair. It's a pretty cool process. I on the other hand did the big chop 2 days ago. My hair is all natural and maybe about an inch or two long. I love it!!!! It's healthy and is super curly with just a little mousse and really soft. Well the soft part isn't new to me b/c that's how my hair has always been. Even though my bff and I are doing differnt processes, we have a common goal: healthier, fuller hair. I'm so happy to have her on this journey b/c don't know how confident I would be doing it alone.

I have never been more excited about my hair. I've already got the hand in fro syndrome, meaning I can't keep my hands out of my hair. I love to touch it and feel my natural texture. This has got to be the best thing I've done for my hair my entire life. By way of this blog, I will be keeping track of what works and doesn't work on my hair. Any mistakes I make along the way as this is a learning process for me. I will also be posting pict of my hair growing. I did my bc 5-19-09 so will take a pict on the 19th of every month, as well as picts throughout when i try different styles.



So this is me the day of my bc:











No comments:

Post a Comment