Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The boyfriend....uuugh! 5/22/09

I've been dating a guy for abt 2 months. Have known him for a long time but only as a friend's cousin so never paid him much attention. Before my bc, i had short permed hair. When dude & i started dating, I was wearing shoulder length weave as protective style to allow my hair to grow. When I decided to go natural & cut my hair, I told him. He told me not to do it b/c he has to look at it and he don't like short hair. I promptly reminded him that I have short hair and he needed to revisit some of my picts. He cont to complain. I told him if he couldn't handle it to locate the nearest exit. He didn't.


Sent him pict of my hair post bc. His exact words, "Fuck man!" Followed by, "Why you so hardheaded? I told you not to do it."


We don't talk for a few days, which oddly enough is natural. We talk yesterday and these are the things he tells me: Why couldn't you just do the one simple thing I asked you to do? Why are you so disobedient? You need to put some weave back in your head. I don't ask for much but you couldn't just do this. I told you I didn't want you to do it, why don't you listen. You need to consult me before you make changes and don't do it if i tell you I don't want you to. You gonna have to put some braids in your head. I'm just gonna keep talking about this. You'll never hear the end of this."


So while trying not to laugh at this idiot, I provide the following responses: You're not my daddy, therefore, I am not disobedient. I'm not going to do things just because you state you prefer me to look/act a certain way. I do things to make me happy, not you whom i've been datin 2 months. I am not going to put weave in my hair. I don't plan on doing anything different until probably winter and that's just for protection. You want me to get braids then I need $2-300..... yeah, this cld go on and on but I'm giving the shortened pg rated version. It ends with me telling him if he can't handle it, he needs to make a decision. And again, he doesn't.


We cont to talk. I tell him abt somethings bothering me at work. He gets really quiet and doesn't say anything aft I'm done talking. Finally, he says, "Well, I don't know what to tell you. I think I understood you better when you had long hair. Now I don't know what you're even talking about. Why you have to cut you hair?" At this point I hang up the phone. I told him I wasn't going to listen to him complain abt my hair. So everytime he starts bitching, I'm hanging up the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment