Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Good and The Bad 6/1/09

Actually, the bad isn't really bad. It's just ignorance and I shld not have expected less. There is someone who hasn't been supportive abt my natural hair journey. She has asked if I was going to be bald, what I'm going to do with it, telling me she could never go natural and that I'm brave for doing so, the list goes on. So against my better judgement, I go to her house last night. She tells me I look "free" and happy and that my hair smells like jheri curl....WTF? My first question is how does jheri curl smell. Then I get offended and politely explain to her that my hair only smells like the moisturizer and sealer I use, which smell good. She's like oh. Whateve. No more time spent on her ignorance.


The good. Everyone is commenting on how shocked they are at how fast my hair is growing. I kind of thought last week that is was getting longer but thought it may have just been my enthusiam for hair growth. I know my hair grows pretty fast but I still thought it may have just been in my head. Lol...in my head. My sister was over the house a couple of days ago. She hasn't seen me since the day after my BC. She reached out to feel my hair and commented on the growth to which my mother quickly co-signed. Then I saw a friend last night who I hadn't seen in probably a week and he made the same comment. He stated how he was really surprised by how fast it was growing. So this has me feeling a bit more excited abt my hair. I can hardly wait til the 1 month mark so I can take a picture and compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment