Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A great new style for my TWA 6/24/09

TWA (teenie weenie afro)



It's hard to find styles to do with my hair because it is so short. The short length makes styling it difficult and time consuming. I have grown tired of the usual wash n go with a headband so I looked at youtube this weekend for som styling ideas. And also, I realized i may need to give my hairline and hair a rest from the tight headbands. The front of my hair was starting to look bone straight from being pulled.



I saw a few things I will try. Simple stuff like using bobby pins to create fohawk type looks. Stuff that I can actually do. Not like the stuff that's cute but I can't do like cornrowing sections. I need to invest in some rubberbands. I can flat twist without them but I think until I get a little more hair, I may need the rubberbands to make them stay a little better. Then I came across a video from someone who doesn't have a TWA but she was showing a simple style that she does. She would wash her hair, apply product, and then randomly finger coil sections of her hair. So I tried it and I LOVE IT. My hair looks very cute and full of spirals. It gives it a very different look than finger coiling my entire head and I like it much better.



I just take about ten minutes or less and coil. I did notice while doing this that the top and front of my hair don't seem to coil. Why? Because I have A LOT of permed ends up there. It stops me from being able to coil it. The strands just kind of twist together instead of coil and the permed ends stick out in which ever direction with no type of curl. I'm tempted to start snipping at them with the scissors but i don't want to cut too much either. I don't think I'm brave enough to cut my own hair yet. I was going to wait a few more months until I got another cut but with my hair acting like this, I don't think i can wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment