Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kicking my heels together 7/7/09




If I were in a movie there would be a chorus of angels singing "aaahhhh" in the background, while I ran through a field of pink, purple, yellow and red spring flowers, as rays of sunshine beamed down upon my perfectly coifed, well moisturized hair. I went to a store in Lynnhaven Mall in Vrginia Beach, VA called Roots. A nice store that sells all things from a variety of Motherlands (Africa, Panama, Jamaica, etc.). I normally do not go to this mall however I had a young cousin in town for the holiday and I took her to almost every mall in the area. When we walk in, I see this shelf full of body and hair care products. I find this small container of hair butter from a new company called Nubian Heritage. I open and it smells so good. I mean it smells like candy. I had to stop myself from licking the top, lol!









Product name: Coconut & Papaya Hair Butter




Ingredients: Coconut oil, shea butter, vitamin E, Papaya extract, rosemary extract, aloe vera gel, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, sunflower oil.




I washed my hair yesterday, poo and co. I wanted a clean head of hair to use this on. I rubbed a finger across the top and felt it was creamy and oily so I decided to use only this product for a wash and go. My hair immediately felt soft and of course smelled delicious. When I woke up this morning, my hair was still soft, curls looked great and again SMELLS WONDERFUL. lol!






For the first time since my b/c, I have 2nd day hair. I am very very happy with this product. It worked as a mosturizer and sealer. The only down side is the price. The container is only a 4oz jar and it cost.....$8.99. *sigh* It's worth it b/c it works so well but I can't afford the price for the size. If it were larger yes I would but it again. Let me take that back, I will buy some again when the container runs out but this will not be an everyday product. This will be a special occasion hair product. I will continue to support this new line and intend to go to their website to see if they have other products I may want to use.



No comments:

Post a Comment