Monday, July 27, 2009

Kink Twist

So this weekend I did kinky twist for the first time. I did them on a good friend of mine who agreed to be my guinea pig. I was surprised at how easy it was to do them. I truly have to work on my technique so they come out better and faster (took forever!). She has thick shoulder length permed hair. It was fun though b/c I was doing them to a friend and we talked and laughed the whole time.

I realized when I was doing them though, I was doing more of Senegalese twist than a kinky twist. For those unfamiliar, a Senegalese twist is general done with human or jumbo braid hair as opposed to Kankelon hair. The hair is seperated into much smaller sections and the hair is double twisted. This makes the twist smaller and sleeker. So instead of thick puffly looking twist, you have a slimmer twist. At first glance, one might think someone with Senegalese twist has Pixie style braids. So my homegirl has a mixture of both. It's cute though.

Picture time!!!!!!!!!!
and apologizes for the sideways picts. too lazy to fix that today :-)








1 comment:

  1. I have to say that i am very impressed! i can't believe you did so good for your first time. side hustle!

    ReplyDelete