Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Power of Persuasion? 6/18/09

A little over a month ago, I was reading the discussion board of the natural hair group on Facebook. I came across a post in which a member said she had "The Dream" and now felt she was official apart of the natural sisterhood. "The Dream" apparently is when a naturalista dreams that she let someone perm her natural hair. I laughed at that. It was hiliarous to me.




My one month anniversary is tomorrow and I am so excited to take picts and compare my progress. But than last night I had "The Dream." My sister asked my to coil my hair so she could see what a coil-out looked like. I used a lot of products and did the style. When I washed it out, my hair was bone straight but my roots were still nappy. I couldn't figure out how to get my hair back to it's natural state. So I guess I had the dream but not really b/c I moreso dreamt of having my hair straightened than permed. Does that mean I'm only halfway into the sisterhood? lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment