Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And so...

I did a few things to my hair in the past 4 days that I shall share. Sunday, I was talking to my best friend and she was telling me about some mixtures she had done this weekend while doing her weekend deep condish treatments. (One of which I am dying to try and will explain in detail once I do.) I always get excited when I hear her describing her chemistry experiments so I decided to make my own.

Since I got the shea, I've been wanting to mix it with something. Not finding really great results on the internet, mostly because I've only read about it being mixed with essential oils or some type of crazy mixture that I do not care to spend the time on. I mixed shea, olive oil, honey and Lustrasilk deep condish. I kept this mixture really easy, I put everything into a red plastic cup, did melt anything in the microwave. (I learned that since I have unrefined shea, it's easier to blend w/o having to melt.) I slathered on my head, let it sit for 2 hrs. I rinsed and my hair felt really oily. I let Hello Hydraytion poo sit for a few minutes. My hair was squeaky clean. I let moisturizing condish (hh) sit for a few min and it was soft and felt really great. I used the Coconut Papaya moisturizer and a did my 10 min coil.

Yesterday, I didn't feel like doing much to my hair. My coils were looking fuzzy but I didn't want to cowash or do much of anything. I spritz my hair with just water until damp. I rubbed a very small amount of shea and then used a wide tooth comb and pick to comb out the coils a little bit. Made my hair really full and great curls. I threw on a headband and rocked a successful 10 min coil-out. I loved it.

Today, I'm still in a hair lazy mood. My hair looked a bit dry but the curls are still looking good. I dampened my hair but it was feeling... i don't know. It needed something. I am not fond of the nutty smell of shea but still trying to decide what to mix it with. I thought very briefly of mixing with my fav moisturizer(C&P) but changed my mind. I have an Olive Oil Moisturizer that I never used b/c it is full of horrible ingredients like mineral oil and sooooo many chemicals that I couldn't even begin to pronounce. I grabbed that and mixed it a red cup with the shea. It didn't allow the shea to break down as well as it did with my DC mix. When I scooped out the mix, it was clumpy with shea. I rubbed btwn my palms and it was a greasy mess. I sighed and used it anyway b/c I curious as to what will happen. My hair is EXTREMELY greasy. It feel soft but is still damp so when it fully dries, I'll give my finally results.

I know this was looooooong but I'm done. Thanks for reading if you made it all the way. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment