Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Insanity 5/28/09

There is an annoying guy who has my phone number. He calls relentlessly yet I never answer. Well I shouldn't say never b/c we used to talk on a daily basis. Now, not so much. He annoys me from the sound of his voice to the things he says. However, there is one thing abt him that I absolutely LOVE. The fact that he reads everything I post on my website, everything. I spoke to him a couple of months ago when I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. We did the usual "Hey, how ya been? I haven't talked to you in a while" thing, small talk. He asked the usual "why don't you want to talk to me anymore, is it something I've done?" blah blah blah.


Anyway, he tells me he's been going to the site, he loves my work and actually tells me the names and themes of stories he has read. I am impressed. Very few guys show interest in my writing and website. They will lie and say they've read stuff or just plain old show no interest when I talk abt it. Then there are 2 guys who are not writers, they are musicians. I figured they would listen to me talk abt writing and just enjoy the artist convo as this is what I do when they talk me to death abt their music. No, when I tell them abt ideas, they seem to want to fix the ideas. If I say I'm going to write abt pple having sex in a store they say why don't you write abt them having sex at their house instead. Or one of them tries to turn a short story into a novel, telling me I need to add a twist b/c pple will get bored when reading predictable stories. This shows this guy never listens to what I've said b/c everyone knows the short stories are just like quickies (straight to the point, raw, kinky, freaky) and the novels are where all the good twist and plot development takes places.


So, I'm thrilled to have someone frequent my website, read and enjoy. I'm not thrilled to have to talk to this guy b/c he is annoying and has true stalker potential. Do I answer his annoying phone calls as this may increase my fan base or do I ignore him and hope he keeps reading anyway?


And that's not rhetorical...seriously pple, what should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment