Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shea Butter 7/9/09

So I finally used the 100% Raw Shea Butter that I purchased at the store Roots in Lynnhaven Mall. I used my moisturizer from SoftSheen Carson and the shea as a sealer. I washed with poo before using because I wanted clean hair/no other products so I could determine the full results. I have never had raw shea before. It was always mixed with something. I'm not sure if I like the nutty smell. That sounds utterly crazy because it comes from a nut but I'm just saying...it's real nutty. Lol! It didn't take much of it to cover my head since I'm still in TWA land. It was a bit difficult to apply. My hair for some reason, didn't seem as curly as usual so I decided to do my 10 minute finger coil. The shea really helped with styling my hair. I always complain about the top of my hair not coiling because of the remaining permed ends that need to be trimmed. However, with the shea butter, the hair curled and didn't look crazy or like clumps of twisted hair. I loved that. When my hair was dry, it felt soft but didn't have any type of shine. I felt it looked kind of dull. This could be because the castor oil I've been using is very oily and I'm used to that shine. Fast forward to waking up today: 1st of all, I was lazy and didn't put on a scarf. My coils look crazy so I will be restyling my hair today. No 2nd day hair. And, I'm not feeling the softness and moisture that I was feeling yesterday. Now this could be because of the fact that I didn't wear a scarf or it could be that the shea works as well as the other products I've used and will have to be applied daily. I'm considering mixing the shea with something else, not only because I'm not fond of the smell but also for more of a shine. I"m going to do a bit of research and see what other naturalistas are doing with their raw shea.

No comments:

Post a Comment