Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Hunt 5/22/09

I can truly see why curlies/naturals are product junkies, especially for beginning naturals. I've been on the hunt for a good moisturizer/sealer. I've purchased 2 moisturizers. One turned my hair white when mixed with my mousse. The other doesn't seem to be doing anything. I haven't given up on it only because I don't have a sealer yet. I was too lazy to go to the store yesterday and get this olive oil sealer I want to try. So as of now, my hair does't feel as soft as I'm used to (even compared to when I relaxed) and I think it looks a bit dry. My hair was softer the other day when all I used was a leave-in mixture, mousse and hair grease. I'm not using that combo b/c grease isn't good for your hair. It has mineral oil and pertolum which are not real moisturizers. They eventually dry your hair out. (Side note: I do have a friend who has been natural for yrs and told me to just throw some grease up in my hair and keep it moving. When her hair is really short, shorter than mine, it looks good. When she grows her hair out to abt my length, it looks dry. I will not be doing this.) So the search for the right combo is on! Going to get that olive oil sealer, can't remember the name at the moment but I know what it looks like. Will definitely update with product name and results as soon as I try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment