Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm thinking...

about making a moisturizer for my hair. I like what I'm using but SoftSheen Carson Roots of Nature. But it's almost gone. I love how my hair reacts to the Nubian Heritage but as I said before, I'm not looking spend $9 on 4oz. I need more for the few dollars I have.

I got to thinking about the shea that I still haven't thought of anything to mix with. I like how my hair reacts to it. So I went YouTube researching to see what the naturalistas there are doing. I saw some who just mix shea with a natural oil to mask the nutty smell. I wanted a little more. I came across a vid by allthatsgold on How to make whipped shea mango butter hair cream. I've seen one of her videos before showing how do a wash n go and I like her hair. I felt her mixture was the best for me and personal taste as far as smells and things like that. Although I did see something additional about someone adding honey so I may do that also.

Anywho....as soon as I get the money to purchase the ingredients I want, then I will make a batch and let you guys know how it works. Hopefully this will be sooner than later. And being the creative minded person that I am, I've already thought of a name for my mixture. Shango Hair Creme. What do you think? Cute? Too much considering I haven't mixed it or settled on the exact ingredients? Yeah. lol! I know.

This is the starting list of what I will include:
Shea butter
Mango butter
Honey
Jojoba oil
Coconut oil
Veggie glycerin
Rosemary oil (not sure abt this b/c heard the smell is strong and I'm not big on flowery scents)
Castor oil (not sure abt this one either. no particular reason)

No comments:

Post a Comment