Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Too soon? 6/9/09

I've recently reconnected with a friend. We've emailed and chatted a lil bit since he's on the other side of the world at the moment. I like him a lot a while back and I figure he felt the same. As we chat, I start to get that girly, giddy feeling of excitement and wonderment of what could be. But as I sit back and think abt this feeling I wonder if I get this too soon when I'm talking to a guy. Do I give away signs that I'm excited and how does this affect the progression of whatever it is we could be moving towards? Do my excited girly ways betray the woman in me who has more than enough common sense to not get excited unless there is actually something to be excited about? Does premature excitement lead me to be disappointed when something amazing does not happen?

I'm thinking the answer to all of those questions is yes. I get caught up in the excitment of what could happen instead of enjoying what is happening. It's like being excited that I may win the lottery when I bought a ticket along with thousands of other pple. Just not wise. What I need to is calm my little happy ass down. There is a truth to this situation that i must look at. He's been away & probably celibate for abt a year. Most guys will say anything to make sure they will have some waiting for them when they return. It's safe to say that he could be talking to me specifically for that purpose. Would my feelings be hurt? A little bit. Another truth I must look at. I have a "boyfriend" who is not giving me anything I need to be happy. I find myself extremely attracted to every guy who gives me more than the boyfriend and that doesn't take much. I'm even more attracted to my stalker (not so much stalker as really likes attention when I don't want to give). Either way it goes, I like the guy and hope to spend time with him upon his return.

No comments:

Post a Comment